subscribearchivescontact
Project No. 8
Little Paper Houses

Tear out a handful of pages from an old book or two. Add water to your paint color and paint the pages with the watery paint. There's something about the old pages that just sucks in that color.

Continue painting all the papers. Vary the amount of water if you please.
Use a circle foam brush and straight paint (not watered down) to make polka dots. When placing the polka dots, think of the pattern on the 5 side of dice.
Add polka dots to all the papers. You could also try stripes or other patterns...whatever you like because, hey, this is your house!
Cut a hump shape for the hill. I used scallop scissors for this.
Use a full sheet for the sky background.
Cut a rectangle and a triangle for the house and roof shapes and put them together.
Using the reverse of the painted pages, cut out a door and a couple of windows.
Cut out a long rectangle for the chimney. Fold the top part under a few times to make the chimney cap.

Add shutters, a doorknob (bead), and paper flowers. Don't you want to move in?

6 comments:

  1. I just love it. I am packing now to move in. I hope it is ocean front. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, oh, oh! Must make these....oh, my happy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to get my paints! This is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! I need to get caught up on my creativity journal projects :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte and Amy! This is such a cute and sweet project! I've always loved water-coloring old paper, but this house just PUTS IT ALL TOGETHER! *sweet* Hope to make one real soon!
    *Heidi*
    Everyday Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog very much !!
    Rini - the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, adoration? Post it all here and join the conversation!