subscribearchivescontact
Colorful Ornaments
An easy and fun project the whole family will enjoy!

For this project you'll need 3 inch styrofoam balls, fabric, wooden sticks like those you stir your coffee with at the coffee shop, buttons, pushpins with balls on the ends, string.

Use this template to cut the fabric you want to use for your ornament. You'll need 6 per ball.

Position the fabric on the ball...starting at the tip of the fabric at the top of the ball, using your wooden stick, push the edge of the fabric into the styrofoam. Keep working along the edge of the fabric as shown...


Continue all the way around the fabric. Line up the top of another piece of fabric and push it the ball along side the piece you just secured.


Continue all the way around the ball...


Isn't that fun? I love that crunching noise. It's somehow therapeutic.




Take a loop of string and, using your wooden stick, push it deep into the center of the ball. Put a little glue in to secure.

Using a bit of glue, press a button into the end of the ball over the string.


Push the pins into the holes of the button.

In the same way, add a button to the other end of the ball...

Isn't that a fun project? It's easy enough for the kids to join in!












7 comments:

  1. Cute great idea! You could probably
    put ribbon or cording between
    each of the different color fabric's too.

    God Bless You and Yours and
    Your Creative Life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are seriously adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! Will definitely make these for Christmas this year! Thanks for the idea & tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. I have lots of Styrofoam balls and lots of fabric, and I love the buttons. I will definitely try these. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! we are totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot find the template for the fabric cutouts

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, adoration? Post it all here and join the conversation!