Paper Bird OrnamentThe secret to this delicate bird ornament is printing directly on to antique paper.
Use the blank endpaper from an old book. Carefully cut the page out of the book using an xacto knife.

Glue the entire paper to a piece of sheet music and cut out the design.


Using a gold leaf pen, paint an edge of gold all the way around the bird and wings.
And the back, too.
Sew a loop of metallic thread to the top of the bird to make a hanger. Knot the ends.
Fold the front wing back at the end to make a little tab for gluing.
Glue into place.
Fold the back wing to make a tab....
And glue into place. Open the wings to make the bird 3-dimensional.
Add a shiny rhinestone for his eye.
Cut out a sentiment from a book (I used the title from a songbook. If you'd like to use the same one, click here for the scanned graphic)



Love the blue bird ornament!
ReplyDeletevery pretty! is this one of the printables you're hoping to get back up soon? i can't wait to make it.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Amy! I so love this bird. There is always room for another bird at Christmas...or several!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this. I was so inspired that I printed these little birdies on card stock and made one for every one on my Christmas list!
ReplyDeleteFlock of Song Birds